Togüí – waterfalls, canyons and trails
A very special trip in Boyaca department through the canyons of the Pómeca and Ubaza rivers in the so-called “Serranía del Peligro”. The landscape is characterized by its large number of forests, caves, waterfalls and deep cliffs. Togüí is located 195 km from Bogotá. To get there you should take the highway Bogotá – Tunja – Moniquirá.
This tour is a unique opportunity to recognize a region full of nature and not overwhelmed by mass tourism. It reveals the simplicity of farmers life in this region. We will be accompanied by local people, simple, knowledgeable, generous and expert.
Day 1 Bogotá – Togüi (4 hours)
7:30 am Departure from Bogotá
12:00 m Western trail. Waterfalls and trails
2:00 pm Lunch in Togüi
3:00 pm Eastern trail
6:00 pm Arrival at the acommodation
Trekkin in the Serrania del Peligro 5-6 hours.
Trail of the Ubaza River Canyon and Cave (3 hours).
Observation of the Pomeca River canyon.
Return to Bogotá
Price PER person (depends on the total number of participants registered for the trip)
Min 4 pax: $ 470.000
Min 5 pax: $ 455.000
Min 6 pax: $ 415.000
Min 8-9 pax: $ 375.000
Min 10 pax: $ 340.000
In order to book you will be charged the minimum amount of the tour ($ 340.000 pesos per person), if eventually the number of participants is less than 10 pax, the remaining amount should be paid 3 days before the departure.
If you choose payment in Davivienda or in one of our partner stores, we can give you a discount of 5% of the cost of the trip.
The options to make the payment with discount:
- Bank of Davivienda account Nr. 0051 00074649 on behalf of Carlos Avellaneda.
- Outdoor stores “14 Ochomiles”:
- Mall Andino: Local 340 Bogotá.
- North of Bogotá: Calle 122 Nr.18-56.
- North of Bogotá: Cra 15 Nr.96-67.
- Mall “Gran Estación”: Local 1-49 Bogotá.
- Outdoor store “Gangas Inc”:
- Neighborhood Galerías: Cra 17 Nr 52-85 (Local 203).
Local transportation in Togui
Guide from Caminantes del Retorno
2 nights in basic accommodation (multiple rooms)
2 breakfasts, 2 lunches y 2 dinners
Entrance fees to the visited places
Transportation Bogotá – Togüí – Bogotá*
Meals not stipulated in the program
*there are two ways to get to Togui:
Private car – the drive takes about 4 hours via Bogotá – Tunja – Arcabuco – Togui
Public transportation Bogota – Moniquirá, from Moniquirá you should take another bus to Togui
1. 50 Lt capacity backpack
2. Small backpack for the daily hikes
3. Light-colored, long-sleeved shirts and sweatpants, do not wear jeans, the weahter in Togui is quite hot
6. Insect Repellent
7. Raincoat (poncho)
8. Sandals or sneakers with good grip, spare sneakers
9. Small Towel
10. Water bottle
15. Small amounts of personal toiletries
16. Bandages, micropore tape and anti-rash creams
Other recommendations for expeditions
- Have in mind how many days your trip willlast and the expected weather conditions. Make a checklist and bring only the necessary items you must carry with you.
- Pack your clothes in plastic bags or dry sacs, and then into your backpack. This will prevent your clothes to get wet in extreme weather conditions.
- Littering is not permitted in natural parks. Please bring a plastic bag to take trash back to the city.
- Do not use brand new shoes in any of our treks. Hiking or trekking boots are recommended.
- Bring small sized personal care products. If possible, use environment-friendly products.
- Protect your electronic devices and personal documents from rain and dust. If you don’t have a highly protective case for your electronics, a plastic ziploc bag will do. Always have your personal documents with you in a plastic bag.
- Do not use camo clothes. They are forbidden for civil use in Colombia.
- Do not bring cigarettes, beer, wines or spirits.
- If you haven’t had enough sleep, if you feel sick or if you have a hangover, please do not enroll in the trekking activities.
- If you are pregnant, have an injury or a medical condition that represents a limitation for physical activities, please follow your physician’s instructions accordingly.