Bird watching in La Palma y el Tucan
Zipacon “Zipa’s weeping” is a secret for many, a sacred place where the stories of the Muisca were formed. Hotel La Palma and Tucan is located not far from Zipacon and the owners of the hotel have developed a sustainable economy with more than 200 families, helping them to produce the best quality coffee. It is not only the coffee that recognizes them, it is the way in which they have immersed themselves in these mountains caring for the ecosystem, respecting the free will of the fauna and flora.
This is a tour to thematic hotel, where our hosts will allow us to enjoy the surroundings with style, the best Colombian flavor, enjoying the aroma and the body of a good coffee, with a landscape and a comfort that when we are adventurers and explorers of nature is hard to find.
Meeting point: Calle 63 with Cra 7 in Carulla Grocery Store
Departure time: 5.30 am
Estimated time of arrival in Bogota: 4:00 p m
Maximum capacity: 12 people
Price per person (depends on the total number of participants registered for the trip):
Min 4 pax: $ 330.000
Min 6 pax: $ 245.000
Min 8 pax: $ 200.000
Min 10 pax: $ 175.000
The amount to make the reservation will be the minimum amount of the tour, if eventually the number of participants is less, the remaining amount should be paid on the day of departure.
If you choose payment in Davivienda or in one of our partner stores, we can give you a discount of 5% of the cost of the trip.
The options to make the payment with discount:
- Bank of Davivienda account Nr. 0051 00074649 on behalf of Carlos Avellaneda.
- Outdoor stores “14 Ochomiles”:
- Mall Andino: Local 340 Bogotá.
- North of Bogotá: Calle 122 Nr.18-56.
- North of Bogotá: Cra 15 Nr.96-67.
- Mall “Gran Estación”: Local 1-49 Bogotá.
- Outdoor store “Gangas Inc”:
- Neighborhood Galerías: Cra 17 Nr 52-85 (Local 203).
We give thanks to Christian Irian @christian_de_la_selva for the bird photos
Express transportation round trip
Bilingual birding guide
Entrance fee to the area of the hotel
Breakfast and dinner
- During wildlife observation tours, priority must be given to SILENCE. Animals should not be fed or contacted.
- In order to have an excellent birding experience bring BINOCULARS
- It is very important to follow the instructions of the guide
- Review the recommendations and tools that appear on our website
- Registration deadline: thursday before departure
How to be prepared for one day treks